Test Bank for Essentials of Intentional Interviewing 3rd Edition Ivey
Test Bank for Essentials of Intentional Interviewing, 3rd Edition, Allen E. Ivey, Mary Bradford Ivey, Carlos P. Zalaquett, ISBN-10: 130508733X, ISBN-13: 9781305087330
Table of Contents
Section I: OVERVIEW AND COMPETENCIES OF CULTURALLY SENSITIVE LISTENING.
1. Introduction: Foundations of Interviewing and Counseling.
2. Multicultural Competence, Ethics, Positive Psychology, and Resilience.
3. Attending, Empathy, and Observation Skills: Fundamentals of All Interviewing and Counseling Approaches.
Section II: THE BASIC LISTENING SEQUENCE AND ORGANIZING AN EFFECTIVE INTERVIEW.
4. Questions: Opening Communication.
5. Encouraging, Paraphrasing, and Summarizing: Active Listening and Cognition.
6. Observing and Reflecting Feelings: The Heart of Empathic Understanding.
7. How to Conduct a Five-Stage Counseling Session Using Only Listening Skills.
Section III: HELPING CLIENTS GENERATE NEW STORIES THAT LEAD TO ACTION: INFLUENCING SKILLS AND STRATEGIES.
8. Focusing the Interview: Exploring the Story from Multiple Perspectives.
9. Empathic Confrontation: Supporting While Addressing Client Conflict.
10. Reflection of Meaning and Interpretation/Reframing: Restorying Client Lives Through Meaning Making.
11. Empathic Self-Disclosure and Feedback: Relationship, Immediacy, and Genuineness.
12. Directives: Providing Information, Psychoeducation, and Decisional Counseling’s Natural and Logical Consequences-Helping Clients Move to Action.
Section IV: SKILL INTEGRATION, CRISIS COUNSELING, AND DEVELOPING YOUR OWN STYLE.
13. Skill Integration Through Examining Your Own Session, Treatment Plans, and Case Management.
14. Crisis Counseling and Assessing Suicide Potential.
15. Determining Personal Style in a World of Multiple Theories.
Appendix I: The Ivey Taxonomy: Definitions of the Microskills Hierarchy and Predicted Results from Using Skills.
Appendix II: The Family Genogram.
Appendix III: Counseling, Neuroscience, and Microskills.