Test Bank for Introduction to Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice 12th Edition Hess
Test Bank for Introduction to Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice, 12th Edition, Kären Matison Hess, Christine Hess Orthmann, Henry Lim Cho, ISBN-10: 130596876X, ISBN-13: 9781305968769
Table of Contents
Introduction to Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice
Section I: THE EVOLUTION OF LAW ENFORCEMENT AND CRIMINAL JUSTICE.
1. The Evolution of Law Enforcement.
2. The American Quest for Freedom and Justice: Our Laws.
3. Crime in the United States: Offenses, Offenders, Victims.
Section II: CONTEMPORARY LAW ENFORCEMENT.
4. Today’s Police and Police Agency: An Overview.
5. Policing in a Post-9/11 Society: Traditional, Community, and Data-Driven Policing.
6. Patrol: The Backbone of Policing.
7. Specialized Roles of Police.
Section III: CHALLENGES TO THE PROFESSION.
8. Policing within the Law.
9. Issues Concerning Police Conduct.
10. Gangs and Drugs: Threats to Our National Security.
11. Terrorism and Homeland Security.
12. Becoming a Law Enforcement Professional.
Section IV: COURTS AND CORRECTIONS: LAW ENFORCEMENT’S PARTNERS IN THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM.
13. U.S. Courts.